Advanced Pet First Aid Level 3 (VTQ) £39.95 + VAT
Pet First Aid Online Course for Dog Owners and Professionals
Advanced pet first aid level 3 (VTQ) covers much more details about the different injuries and illnesses that can affect dogs and cats. The course has been designed to give the pet owner or pet professional much more information in order to be able to detect early when something is wrong and give the appropriate care.
3 Year nationally recognised certificate, over 2 hours of engaging video training. video access for 8 months, printable wall certificate, CPD time credit conformation, includes manual and other downloads, free weekly video refresher, evidence based training certificate
- Introduction to Advanced Pet First Aid
- Pet first aid and the law
- Pet accidents and first aid
- Hand hygiene
- Dog micro-chipping
- Breathing and respiratory problems including choking
- Dog CPR
- Drowning, shock, broken bones, spinal injury and moving an injured pet
- Precautions and safety
- Use of muzzles, gloves and approaching a pet that has been injured
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Digestive process, blood vessels, types of bones
- Breathing mechanisms, circulation system, types of joints
- The nervous system, the muscular system
- First aid kits and equipment
Review from Jon Barrow - Happy Wags
'The think I like most about this course is its ease of use. The 5+ hours of video content is broken down into bite size chunks of 2 to 4 minutes and you can pause, leave the website, and come back the next day picking up exactly where you left off. You're tested on key information at the end of the videos with a simple multiple-choice question. Also, every video has the transcript text below it, so you can absorb the information whichever way works best for you.
This was perfect for me taking the course on my iPad. One key feature that I wasn't expecting and loved is that the course content is specific to Aqueos product, incorporating how and when to use them, which is awesome as I have the lot!
All in all, this is an incredible resource. The detail used, for example in the physiology section, increased my breadth of knowledge dramatically. I feel hugely confident and prepared now should any incidents occur on my dog walks.
I can't wait to get my certificate on my website and boast to all my clients!